Bone Broth Vegetable Soup
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time 45 minutes-1 hour
- Serves 4-6
- 2 large or 3 medium organic sweet potatoes cut into small chunks
- 4 large carrots cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 2 zucchini cut into bite size pieces
- a good handful of green beans cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-6 cups bone broth (home made or store bought. I've used this brand when I didn't have fresh on hand, but most grocery stores sell some version of bone broth. You can also do 4 cups broth and the rest water, if you want more liquid.
* When purchasing bone broth, be sure it is organic. You want to make sure the bones used for the broth are free of hormones and antibiotics.
* This soup is fantastic for little ones. One thing I want to note. If you plan on giving this soup to babies/toddlers, either skip the turmeric or make sure they don't wear anything you don't want stained. Kids are messy and turmeric stains (TRUST ME).
Heat a large soup pan over medium heat, add the oil and onion and sauté until translucent but not burned. About 5 minutes. Add the rest of the veggies, herbs and spices and cook for 2 more minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Finish with fresh squeezed lemon juice.