I'm a big fan of the combination of turmeric and ginger and use these spices regularly throughout the week. But as soon as I hear my kids sneezing, I know a summer cold is upon us. So I turn to nature's antibiotics. To significantly increase these wonderful spices for maximum benefit, I use them in smoothies.
This smoothie does not disappoint. It's slightly sweet and coconutty and packed full of goodness including gut friendly collagen...because well, gut health!
collagen coconut mango turmeric smoothie
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: none
- Serves 2
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups unsweetened cashew, almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 mango roughly chopped
- handful spinach
- 1 scoop collagen (1.5 tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 inch knob of minced ginger (I use a lemon zester)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
Blend everything but coconut flakes and chia seeds. Pour into glasses and garnish with coconut flakes and chia seeds if so desired.